coral food

Newbs64

Go Oilers!
Was wondering what people are feeding their corals? I use reef nutrition oyster feast and was wondering if anybody has used this and seen better resulys with something else. I was told just this would be enough for my corals. I have soft and lps corals only no sps. Inputs would be awesome.

I feed my Duncan small pieces of Formula One that's my fish food also, but they also like mysis shrimp and zooplankton. I use the zooplankton with my GSP too, but I haven't fed it or my candy cane in months and so far they are doing great. I believe that if you have good light and some nutrients in your water your corals really don't need to be fed. That's my personal opinion just talking about LPS and soft corals.

i use red sea reef energy A & B 4 times a week and target feed brine/mysis shrimp twice a week. colours and growth has been great.

Spot fed my corals for the first time we will see if they improve.
Just make sure your very gentle when spot feeding and don't squirt directly into mouth, only on tentacles. You will soon get used to the feeding response and the fear retracting response and know the difference. Best to do when lights are starting to go out and are on night phase, not so interested in the daylight mode. Good luck i will be very interested in you follow up in a few weeks. do u have a tank journal ? take photos of corals now and again in a month !

Just make sure your very gentle when spot feeding and don't squirt directly into mouth, only on tentacles. You will soon get used to the feeding response and the fear retracting response and know the difference. Best to do when lights are starting to go out and are on night phase, not so interested in the daylight mode. Good luck i will be very interested in you follow up in a few weeks. do u have a tank journal ? take photos of corals now and again in a month !

Yea I read the best way to do it. I used a turkey baster and worked very well. I will take a picture later and do a before and after. Great idea!

Yea I read the best way to do it. I used a turkey baster and worked very well. I will take a picture later and do a before and after. Great idea!
You should start a showcase and let every body know what you have, its easier when asking questions etc if we can look at what your running and you don't have to explain all the time ? We love pictures too !

Back