Coral Growth

i help answering phones when it is busy and i am there. i also enjoy helping customers as well with testimonials as to what my friend is trying to teach other customers. It is kinda fun. I also like to scoop out dead fish from the tanks to feed to his Tiger Moray Eel he keeps in back, that is just plain fun

-Doc

I just do self-service at my lfs. If I see something I like, I just grab bags and start filling em up. Sounds like easy money for the lfs to me! But he does give me pretty good discounts!

I have never used b-ionic. but a lot of people do. it's been around for a while. I would suggest using a calcium only supplement to raise the calcium to normal or near normal levels. then use a two part such as the b-ionic to maintain levels. the dry powder form of calcium supplements (such as seachem reef advance) have worked the best in my experience. you get more for you're money than with liquid calcium.

just be sure to dose slowly. try not to raise the calcium by 25ppm per day. a little more probaly wouldn't hurt. this is just a general guideline. just don't jump from 220 to 450 in one day.

Thanks! :) It's actually been about 6 days I believe, and my calcium is now sitting around 420. Corals open up a lot more and lot more often! Everything looks 10x better and happy now

Calcium finally reached 440 today, alkalinity at 9 dkh. Everything looks great and there seems to be a substantial amount of corraline growth already. Will probably update with pics soon :)

Back