Coral ID

Bluespace

Reefing newb
Long story short. When to LFS to buy some rock for my fuge. Came home had some surprises in the bag. Called LFS told me to keep them or I could bring them back.
My tank is new so not sure if I should take them back till my tank is established a bit more.

I think this one is green mushroom. Crappy pictures from my crappy camera.:grumble:
DSCN0318.jpg

DSCN0323.jpg

Candy Cane??
DSCN0324.jpg

DSCN0325.jpg

The last one looks kinda like a monti. It would need to be higher in the tank if it is. If your done with your cycle you should be able to keep these in there. The Monti though is hard coral so you may lose it.

I don't know what a Monti is. Do you have the full name? My tank has been finished for a week. Levels stable since Nitrites hit zero.

That last pic is a Montipora capricornis. Medium light medium to high flow. Its an SPS coral.

Thats a good looking candy cane too.:D

You got a great deal if all you spent was 14 bucks!!!!!

30-40 for the mushroom rock, 20 for the candy cane and 20 for the monti. Great deal.

Thats not a geat deal.THATS A FREAKIN AWESOME DEAL.
They look great.I dont think anybody on this site could have picked healthier looking corals.

That's exactly why I called the LFS and told him what had happened. These corals must have been in with the live rock. He does have some younger kids that work there, may have been misplaced. It wasn't like I had a bunch of seperate bags, one with a few pieces of small rock and one with two larger rocks.

I'm feeling a lil guilty..:dunno:

You did the right thing in calling and asking the LFS. He told you to keep them so all is good. Basically, he is rewarding you for being honest. I would continue supporting that LFS.

Montis are the plating corals. They are tough to keep, especially in a new tank. The other ones (shrooms and candy cane) should do perfectly fine in a new tank.

Back