Coral in trouble?

markrj

Reefing newb
Man do I feel stupid! :frustrat:

I picked up a few frags this past weekend.

Everything seems to be doing well including this gorgeous yellow Goniopora which was not looking good initially but has sprung to life the past couple of days. I have also read that Goniopora is difficult to keep alive long term and this upsets me a little as I explained to the person at the store that I was a beginner and wanted easy to care for corals.

Oh well,

What is this coral called and is it in trouble? It seems to be starting to bleach out on the left upper section.

TroubledCoral.jpg

Water parameters are perfect and everything else in the tank is triving. I have a 4 bulb T5 HO Aquatic-Life Light fixture with ATI Blue Plus, ATI Purple Plus, UVL 12,000K Actinic and ATI Blue Special bulbs that are about 3.5 months old, and a Marineland 48" LED fixture.

That is a Favia. Don't mind the edges, they do that after they are fragged. I would watch the other 4 mouths. If they start dying off it will most likely be a goner.

+1 Fast...place it on the sand bed for now with medium flow, to allow it to acclimate to your tank. It should perk up for you.

Back