coral light's

darrenahenson

Reefing newb
I am currently using an LED light for my Corals. I purchased it from Build My Led. How do I tell if the LPS corals are getting too much or not enough light? Right now I have them in the middle of the tank but they are not fully extended. I wasant sure if there was a way to tell which way to move the corals in the tank in response to lighting

Thanks

+1 Sakura, but also how deep is your tank and how powerful are your LEDs? If you have have a 12" deep tank and your running 500 watts of LEDs and your LPS are 6"-8" from your light. Then they will be cooked in no time.
If your acclimating them to new LEDs then you want to start with your corals at the bottom and slowly move them up every couple of days until they find their sweet spot
And some LPS just open and extend at their own time and we just have to wait for them to grace us with their beauty. (You know like a women)

Thanks Aquarian. My Led is measured by PAR, not watts. I have a 30 gallon tank and the coral is about mid tank. Still not sure what moderate light would mean

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 270
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 263
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 304
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 265
Two questions
1 what lighting did you get? Viewing light, med light, high light, or ultra high light?
2 can you take a pic of the LEDs in your light with them off of course.

It says in the product info they use 1watt and 3 watt LEDs in their fixtures.

Back