Coral like object killing my zoas

Kelz88

Got Reef?
Hey everyone,
Was just wondering if any of you guys and gals have ever seen something like this. When i first got the little zoa rock it was covered in zoa, but now the majority have died off. Im not sure if this is whats killing them but i didnt notice him at first.

Any ideas?
010-2.jpg

its the little yellow object in the center

Hmmm...not sure then. I do see some digitate hydroids near by though. They can cause quite a bit of damage with their tentacles.

Sorry...I jumpped the gun there. I zoomed in on your pic and it doesnt look like a digitate hydroid. With all those other worms its hard to tell. Eyes started playing tricks on me.

Thanks for posting this. I have the same thing and thought they were simply anther zoa type. No wonder my Zoas are shrinking! I have a ton of these. Though they look interesting they really have no colour. Mine will be going away.

Temporarily hijacking this thread Kelz - how big are digitate hydroids? I'm wondering if this is what I've found on my pearl bubble? There is a tube with tentacles or worm-like things coming out of it, but they are a banded red and white color (almost like brittle star legs but much skinnier and more worm like) instead of the normal whitish clear color that I've seen from other worm creatures in my tank. Does this sound anything like a digitate hydroid?

Back