Coral plugs Pls help AsAP!

mmfrock

Reefing newb
SO i just got some new frags and they are attached to plugs. The plug has the disc the coral sits on then the "plug" part that sticks out. These are ceramic. I wanted to remove the plug part and just leave the disc and coral remaining so that i can attach them to my live rock smoothly. I tried cutting the plug part of with a baby hack saw and that is not working. I am in the middle of doing this so any fast help would be great. How can i get the plugs removed so i can put the coral as close to flush on the rocks as possible? Thank you!

I squeeze the plug part in my vice with the disc sitting flush along the top and it snaps/crushes the plug part right off, leaving a pretty clean surface under the disk.

Delayed response here but I usually try to take the coral off the plug all together if its possible. If not i snap the plug off with my husbands muscles Haha

Ahh thanks for advice, even tho it was a little late! LOL, i ended up getting the job done with a dremel tool! It worked, the corals are back in the water on smooth disks, opened up and looking great. Thanks everyone for responding!

Back