coral selection

Hi all im pretty new to the reef game but certaintly not new to saltwater, ive had a fish only for sometime now and was wanting to go towards the reef spectrum of saltwater, my question is " what is a good beginner coral to go for?'' Friends ive seen have coral that are called "waving hands" i believe but i could be wrong, i like these alot and wanted to know if they were difficult to maintain, if so what can i start off with??

ok cool so i think im gonna have to up the light output a little, so i was at petco just now and they have these condylactis anemone, they were like 20 bucks!! but there has to be a catch, do anyone know anything about these?

You'll need way more light for an anemone than what you have.Most anemones actually reguire more light than most corals.

Good decision to pass on the anemone. They usually only survive in mature tanks that have a lot of light. You can keep lower light corals with your lights, but if you want to keep LPS like frogspawn, hammer, torch, candy canes, blastos, etc, you should upgrade to more powerful lights.

Back