Coral Time Lapse

BL1

I didn't even realize until I was looking at some older pics yesterday how much my corals have been growing. I got pretty excited so I thought I'd share.

Acropora
AcroGrowthComp1.jpg

Green Eye Chalice
RightChaliceGrowthComp.jpg

2nd Green Eye Chalice
LeftChaliceGrowthComp.jpg

Thats some sweet growth BL1, i have a pink mummy eye chalice and ive noticed from pics that its starting to grow already and i just got it at the beginning of oct. Pics are awesome for just that reason......lol.

Wow BL1, those are some quick turn around times on those guys! Really growing FAST! :shock:
Thanks Ulta! I'm surprised how well everything's growing in such a new system.
Thats some sweet growth BL1, i have a pink mummy eye chalice and ive noticed from pics that its starting to grow already and i just got it at the beginning of oct. Pics are awesome for just that reason......lol.
Thanks Mennazeher! I'm a huge pic whore too, I find new things everyday to take pics of.

amazing growth! how are you getting growth like that? everything in my tank looks puny XD or maybe im just not seeing it lol

That's incredible growth for a short period of time. What's your secret?

Thanks Biff!! I don't know if I should really give away my trade secrets but .... It has to be my absolute lack of knowledge about proper coral care lol. But really, I probably do over feed the corals, I'll feed a variety of marine snow, coral frenzy, and Kent PhytoMax 2-3 times a week. Once a week ill also mix some frozen rotifers or cyclops in with the fishes mysis, so the corals get fed a little then too. And with my weekly water changes I've been able to keep my nitrates at 0 so far. Hopefully they'll all keep growing at the same rate they have been.

Last edited:
amazing growth! how are you getting growth like that? everything in my tank looks puny XD or maybe im just not seeing it lol

Thanks Josh! Like I said, the only reason I'm noticing it now is because I'm constantly taking pics of them. Otherwise I'd be thinking that they're taking forever to grow too.

Thanks Biff!! I don't know if I should really give away my trade secrets but .... It has to be my absolute lack of knowledge about proper coral care lol. But really, I probably do over feed the corals, I'll feed a variety of marine snow, coral frenzy, and Kent PhytoMax 2-3 times a week. Once a week ill also mix some frozen rotifers or cyclops in with the fishes mysis, so the corals get fed a little then too. And with my weekly water changes I've been able to keep my nitrates at 0 so far. Hopefully they'll all keep growing at the same rate they have been.

That sounds like a winning strategy right there :Cheers:

I wish I had the time and dedication to consistently feed my corals... they are lucky if they get fed once every week or two now >_<! And the dang fish don't make it easy, they are so bold they will steal food from anything whether it be a mushroom or Torch/Frogspawn. Even after they just ate a bunch! :frustrat:

That sounds like a winning strategy right there :Cheers:

I wish I had the time and dedication to consistently feed my corals... they are lucky if they get fed once every week or two now >_<! And the dang fish don't make it easy, they are so bold they will steal food from anything whether it be a mushroom or Torch/Frogspawn. Even after they just ate a bunch! :frustrat:
It's not too bad, I usually wake for work around 4am and I'll always look around the tank while I'm eating breakfast, so I just feed them then when all their feeders are out.
Very NICE!
Thanks Dana!

Back