coral vs. flameback angel

PufferGuy

Reefing newb
im looking for some ideas for corals i could get to last with my flameback angel. Right now i have a small frag of xenia (which has a few small pieces mising), 2 types of frogspawn, a mushroom, a trumpet and a few polyps and zoas.

all my corals are frags and im planning to only buy frags since my tank is pretty small and a big coral would take up too much room.

Any ideas?? (also i have 4 t5s for lighting)

P.S. will my xenia live if every once in a while the flameback bites a small piece off?? when i say small piece i mean like 1/3 to 1/2 of a "finger" of one polyp of the xenia.

i was wrong about my flameback taking a bite of my xenia... as i was doing my water change today i saw my scopas/yellow tang take a bite of it right in front of my eyes... he also killed 2 of my feather dusters. Is this normal for a tang to do that?

I feed it algae sheets every 2 days, is this not often enough??

Its not unheard of for tangs to take a bite of coral.Both my tangs will chase down a swimming amphipod or copepod in a heart beat.

Any corals you add with ANY angelfish has a 50/50 shot at becoming dinner.
But something you might try(though expensive) would be to add some live sponge from time to time.Sponge makes up a lot of angelfishes main diet,and that MAY help keep it from feeding on your corals.

I have a purple tang that loves open brains.

You should feed your tang algae sheets daily and hopefully it will help him to not eat your xenia. you could also cover your xenia with a strawberry basket until it get bigger then it might grow faster then its being eaten.

+1 yote

Back