Coral???

Angelajean

I know that I don't know
OKay so I got this in my live rock and rubble.

Can someone help me identify it?

Thanks photo.JPGCH]

Could it be Daisy polyp? It has 8 tentacles, white or cream color with a green center. The photo is taken under compact fluorescent actinic and daylight bulbs as well as LED moon light.
The beginning CUC are on it, 5 thumb size hermit crabs. It is coming out of the dried up coral.

Thanks,
Angie

Becky at Pacific East Aquaculture, I emailed her with the picture, said that from the pinkish purple bottom and the little polyps coming out she thought it looked like a badly beat up pipe organ coral.

Now I am trying to figure out how to nurse it back to health. Then it will be easier to identify.

It has 8 tentacles.

We will see thanks.
Angie

No, GSP grows from a flat purple mat. Not tubes like that.

Really? If i get bored as fuck ill go through the 40,000+ pictures i have on 4 different photobucket accounts to find my old mat of gsp. It is a mat WITH tubes that the coral comes out of.:Cheers: Dont get me started again Sarah :p

I was at the LFS taking back my carnivorous Olive snail, another ID question. Different thread. The owner was telling me that the pipe organ or daisy coral will retract and the tubes will fill in with calcium because of less than adequate conditions. It made it throughout the nitrogen cycle and is thriving now so we will wait and see.

I will post more pictures of it as it comes out. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Angie

Re: Coral??? New clearer picture

Here is a new picture. I think it confirms the previous suggestions of it being a daisy polyp or I guess also called a pipe organ coral.
Thanks,
Angie

Attachments

• IMG_0613.jpg
    IMG_0613.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 223
Back