Coralife Digital Power Center

ReefyCane

SuperNewbie
Hi All,

I am getting my tank and stand next week (Jan. 4) and I am wondering what your opinion of the Coralife Digital Power Center is? I like the fact it is a power strip and I can program my SunPod's MH, Lunar and White lights to automatically come on.

Also, I bought an API master test kit and the Salifert Calcium and KH test kits. Do I need anything else??

I would start up a build thread, but my LFS did the drilling and plumbed the sump for my tank so I didn't really build it myself. Should I just post my setup in the Newbie section?

Thanks,
ReefyCane

Post your setup in the Build Thread forum. It doesn't matter if you didn't drill your tank yourself, it's your tank and we'd like to see how you go about filling it.

I used that power center for my last tank. My only complaint was that it tended to lose time. I had to reset the time on it every couple weeks.

Do you have a hydrometer or refractometer?

Post your setup in the Build Thread forum. It doesn't matter if you didn't drill your tank yourself, it's your tank and we'd like to see how you go about filling it.

I used that power center for my last tank. My only complaint was that it tended to lose time. I had to reset the time on it every couple weeks.

Do you have a hydrometer or refractometer?

I got a refractometer off of eBay..the one that comes in a blue case. I also picked up a TDS meter as well. My RODI unit comes in on Wednesday so I think I am set there. I am also getting a bucket of Reef Crystals salt.

My tank is a 30 gallon Oceanic Premier cube. It has been drilled and a 20 gallon sump with insump skimmer added. I think it is rated for an 80 gallon tank. After I get everything set up and cycled I am then going to add a refugium with chaeto and LR rubble.

Any other suggestions for timers/power strips?

Thanks,
Reefy

Im running that same timer.The only problem is like Biff said,it tends to lose time.But other than that,it works fine.
Good luck with it and post pics.We like seeing tanks come together and grow.

I eventually threw my power center away.It couldn't keep a constant time or every so often it would get stuck.Just buy those cheap ones from Walmart for now.Maybe in the future,you can look at a controller like the AquaJr.It can control lights,ATO system,powerheads. ect.

what power center is it that your are thinking about getting? the one with the 2 dials on it where you set manually are great. I use them. the only one i had a problem with is the one on my 180 becasue i spilled a ton of water on it haha. lfs will warranty it out for me i have just been too lazy. now there is one without the 2 dials and has a digital clock on the front of it. that one is the biggest most complicated piece of crap ever, stay away from that one

Back