Coralife Digital Power center

pinstripes

Reefing newb
I have one of these and Im having trouble setting up my actinic lights. My daylight works from 8 and turns off at 5 but my actinic set up wont work, I have set up at 5 till 8. What am I doing wrong? I have it set on Auto. anybody have these? Help me out please?:bowdown:

the digital ones are garbage
+1 dustin. I bought one and couldnt figure it out. I had nothing but problems and it wasnt working for S$%&. It worked.... If you like your stuff going on and off whenever the timer thinks it should . has a mind of its own. Mine is in the basement collecting my dust for me.

I used to have one. It lost time every day. I had to reset the clock on it every 5 days or so.

In any case, do you have the one that has the white, yellow and blue outlets? If so, you can't set the actinics to a different schedule than your daylights.

The white plugs are on 24/7 (for stuff like powerheads, heater, etc). The blue and yellow plugs are opposite each other. So if you have the yellow ones set to go on from 7 am to 7 pm, the blues will automatically be set to go on from 7 pm to 7 am. There's no way to avoid this, and no way to stagger actinics and daylights using this power center :(

So how do i set up my actinics?

I used to have one. It lost time every day. I had to reset the clock on it every 5 days or so.

In any case, do you have the one that has the white, yellow and blue outlets? If so, you can't set the actinics to a different schedule than your daylights.

The white plugs are on 24/7 (for stuff like powerheads, heater, etc). The blue and yellow plugs are opposite each other. So if you have the yellow ones set to go on from 7 am to 7 pm, the blues will automatically be set to go on from 7 pm to 7 am. There's no way to avoid this, and no way to stagger actinics and daylights using this power center :(

Ummm... You can't? I mean, you can't do what you want to do with them. You have to have your actinics on the same schedule as your other lights. Plug your actinics and your daylights into the yellow plugs. They will come on and go off at the same time as each other.

I have the same coralife digital timer and Biff is right....although I dont think its a piece of crap just inconvenient when it comes to the alternating of lights on and off. I just went ahead and put my actinics on a seperate cheap ass timer I bought at walmart for I think $7. It resolved my issue and works the way I want it to now.

I did however have a difficult time with my coralife timer last week for some reason. It would turn the daylights off when they should be on. I just wiped out the programing and reprogrammed it. I put the actinics on a seperate time like I said above and I have no issues anymore. Mine keeps the time just fine....sounds like Biff just got a lemon.

Back