Coralife PC Deluxe Dual 30'' Actinic/10000K

Amba

Ol' Salty
Got this today, I didn't like the marineland LED so that went bye bye. This thing is HEAVY but it's so sleek with it's aluminum casing. Runs 2 65W Actinic/10000K bulbs and it's fan cooled. Has anyone else used this light before? I really like it so far, though I read it gets quite hot. Hopefully the fans will keep it cool enough :x

Attachments

• newlightfts.jpg
    newlightfts.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,334
  • newlighttop.jpg
    newlighttop.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 615
Fans do not keep this cool, I burned myself on the underside of the light. I feel like soon it will melt the plastic splash guard.

It already has two built in that seem to do nothing, maybe ill try adding more.. I should just buy a chiller and do it right, it gets hot here in the summer anyway.

I have a shorter one that I used for while. The bottom does get extremely hot, but it won't melt the splash guard. At least mine didn't after about a year of use.

I would really buy the chiller. my MH lights get insane in the summer, which heat up my water like you wouldnt believe. Right now it isnt a problem because its winter, but I will have to get one to keep my tank stable. Plus in the winter, people just get rid of them for pretty cheap

Oh. Well at the very least I would make some legs for the thing and get it raised so its not sitting on the top. Then remove that glass top and if it get hots, clip on a desk fan. My apartment gets to be 90 in the summer, but with a clip on fan I can keep the tank at 88.

I got it new. I guess I'll try and get some feet for it, but even still I'm not sure that it's gonna do anything. With one of the PC's on it's not too bad but with both you can't put your finger on it. It gets hot here too littlefish, 90's as well. I want to get the damn tank away from the window but I seriously don't want to go through the hassle of moving it. I have a really nice air conditioner I use in the summertime, I live in a converted attic so it really gets cooking up here. What I may do is build a wooden stand for it, and either mount a laptop cooling fan or some PC fans and vent the sump to cool it down, or try the nano JBJ chiller which I believe is rated up to 50 gallons. I also would like a bit extra peace of mind knowing my tank really is stable in case I leave for the day and my AC shuts off (or gets shut off by a family member). The smaller chillers are only $300 something new, which means I could probably get one for even less now that it's winter as MarinesWife said.

I had a more detailed response in your other thread but honestly with your tank in front of the window like that....your options, imo, are limited. I would consider the chiller. It got pretty hot here this summer, and even with my lights on legs and the A/C running my temp swing was still 10-12 degrees a day. Now I am running MH on my tank and they get HOT, I have no idea how hot yours get. But I would still see what the lights do to your temperature now as sort of a measure of what it will do in much warmer conditions.

The lights raised my tank one degree in about 40 minutes. I don't know if that's a decent trend or what but I don't like it and I don't think fans are gonna do the trick. I may be mistaken but I believe PC get the hottest out of any bulb, maybe MH gets hotter but these are definitely #2. I am looking into this:

JBJ-USA Aquarium Products

Back