Coralife protein skimmer

hibye

Reef enthusiast
I just got a coralife protein skimmer for 20$! It is one of those air stone ones though. It was 50% off from my LPS, originally 50$. It is for up to 40 gallons. So far it has a little very dry foam and it has been about 2-3 hours.

This skimmer is way better than my skimmer/filter or skilter. Even with the mods that rigo showed me. This is my third skimmer and I must say is the best, that is over the skilter and nano fission one.

I just got a coralife protein skimmer for 20$! It is one of those air stone ones though. It was 50% off from my LPS, originally 50$. It is for up to 40 gallons. So far it has a little very dry foam and it has been about 2-3 hours.

This skimmer is way better than my skimmer/filter or skilter. Even with the mods that rigo showed me. This is my third skimmer and I must say is the best, that is over the skilter and nano fission one.

wow i wish i could get a 50% discount from 50 to 20 :mrgreen: sry hibye dot mean to pick on you

PICT0013.jpg

PICT0014.jpg

18hours of use.
I cleaned my entire tank yesterday so I could even take pics, algea was terrible. Hopefually the skimmer,limestone,and cleaned up tank will help prevent it. it took me 1 hour and 47 minute yesterday to clean it.

To tell how bad it was, you know what the back looks like right now, it looked like that on all sides. I dicided not to do the back because I have to move the rocks, plus I was pretty tired after 1.47 of cleaning.

Last edited:
I already have three just in case. lol they are pretty cheap to. 2 for 3-5$. I will get the 125 running eventually. I have way too many hobbies in the summer.

wakeskating
fish
airsoft
RC boats
RD crawlers

Not to mention I still have like 10 days of school left. Homework really sucks plus other social things like hanging out with friends and dates.

He must work in RETAIL hell part-time. I feel bad...

Back