Coralife Skimmer

It's true all they do is change the look and say here pay this and people do.

Never heard someone admit they spent $$$ and it wasn't worth it.

They just see cheap Coralife and say nah not good.

Again I am not saying some are not worth it but most are not.

They guy at Coralife said they main difference in the 125 and the 220 was the size of the body. The pumps are almost identical but the 125 pump can support the 220 body.

If I could find a good Coralife 220 Body I would be able to use it on my 180Gal.

My biggest question is what is the price difference for? Like what do you get. A better pump?

Yea, the pumps are the biggest part of the skimmer cost. Mesh pumps are a huge cost. The bodies are just acrylic. If I could get my hands on a 220 body, I would try to install a recirc pump on it.

I saw that on a tank install where there was basically a strained drilled in the tank and a huge pump underneath that sucked the water out and then in pushed it up to two moving heads.

You could just get a large pump and the two moving heads and use an overflow tips pipe with a strainer and skip the drilling you tank part.

Hmm not a bad idea just to add more circulation though.

i think i dont really want to mod my 125 is i am afraid ill really mess it up and then it wont work at all lol,im not good and modding much lol

If my cup is filling up with superdark sludge what more can I get. I am not saying all skimmers are equal but I just think the Coralife Skimmers are not as junky as people say.

I mean I guess with my good water readings and clear water I can't see where a double the cost skimmer is going to improve. Of course there are those that will perform better but what is my advantage?

Get a better skimmer and watch it pull out five times as much superdark sludge. I have heard people say, "My SeaClone works just fine -- it pulls out dark sludge!" Then they upgrade skimmers and say, "I had no idea how little it was actually pulling out!" The better skimmer will pull a ton more out. You don't realize how crappy a skimmer you've got until you see what a good one pulls out of your tank!

i think i dont really want to mod my 125 is i am afraid ill really mess it up and then it wont work at all lol,im not good and modding much lol
Oh, the mods are a piece of cake. Your just removing the outlet flexable pipe and adding pvc to it, and the needle wheel mod is stringing fishing line to it.:mrgreen: The mesh mod makes the bubbles finer in the body making it more effective. You really have to see the size of the bubbles in a good skimmer then look at the CLSS to see the difference.

You will not see many do this...
IMG00407-20110605-1535.jpg

Back