Coralife Super Skimmer 65

NaCIfishman

Reefing newb
planning on getting on of these this week was wondering if anyone has experience with it.
coralife seems to have a good rep but it's so much cheaper than others that it makes me wonder about it..

They are actually pretty junky, very hard to get skimming and are known for overflowing. I would go with another brand
I got a new one as a gift from my friend. Kinda difficult to adjust the bubble level but it did a great job so far (3 weeks). Do you have better suggestions? I got a 20g tank and 10g sum.

They are fine if they are working -- but like LittleFish said, I've seen more stories of that particular skimmer overflowing and flooding all of a sudden than any other piece of equipment. I recommend the Reef Octopus brand of skimmers, and if you are using an HOB skimmer, I had an Aqua C Remora for years that did great.

thanx for the heads up guys, i've been reading up on the remoras and the whole spray injection thing. does a bigger pump mean more bubbles/air or do you just need a bigger pump for a bigger tank ?

My cousin had one under his tank.. He got rid of it as soon as he could. Overflowed multiple times and was just flat out badly built.

My cousin had one under his tank.. He got rid of it as soon as he could. Overflowed multiple times and was just flat out badly built.
It took almost one month to run stably. As Biffer said, it runs pretty well when it's good. I got a new replacement btw lol the new Remora Pro-S:bounce:

thanx for the replies. i've decided to go with the remora pro also; it should do well till my DIY sump/fuge is ready. I'm planning around an
Aqua C EV-120 for it :bounce:

Back