coralife super skimmer

Mog46g

Reefing newb
Hello,
Does anyone have experience or any input on a coralife super skimmer 125? I am in the process of buying a new protein skimmer. I currently have (the not very much liked) seaclone 100, and I want to research skimmers on the forum before I go out and buy one. Thanks you. MP

Are you looking for an HOB skimmer? If so, I'd recommend either an Aqua C Remora or an Octopus. The Coralife Super Skimmers aren't bad, but a lot of people complain that they are too sensitive and need constant adjustments -- one day they won't be pulling any gunk, the next day they'll be overflowing.

Yes cc i am in wikes-barre twp. i been using a sea clone 100 but the more i read the more i want a new one so i am looking for a hob i got a 46 gallon bow front i am doing fowlr until much later when i learn more.So what do u think i should look at, thank you biffer i will look into them i am very new to this my tank has been running for like 4 months now.. but i am very green at this...

thanks in advanced..

I never had any problems with my super skimmer,except the adjustments are touchy as crap.
Their not the best skimmer on the market,but they work.

They do work well, and I would buy one again, but the adjustment knob is touchy. I don't think they make good HOB for that reason, but they make excellent in sump skimmers. I have owned octopus, ASM, CSS, and euro reef skimmer. IMHO My euro reef blows them all away. The ASM, oct, and CSS seemed to work about the same for me, with the CSS pulling just alittle more out.

Back