Coralife super skimmer?

I do. If u buy it urn gonna have to make a few modifications to it to get it to work at all. I would reccomend saving up a few more bucks and getting the reef octopus skimmer.

i got a nice reef octopus bh1000 for about the same price you would spend on a 125 super skimmer,the reef is so much easier to adjust i cant believe i had the coralife as long as i did

Well if that's what it is then spend the money. But you can build one with not much effort and very Lil money compared to that one.
Just a Lil time and patience and you will have a nice home made sump.

I actually own both the Coralife 125 and an Aqueon Sump.

While the Coralife 125 worked fine, it is nothing compared to my Reef Octopus. It made plenty of gunk but the bubbles were not as small as a quality skimmer will make therefore the proteins taken out will not be as good or should I say it won't deep clean as well.

The Proflex Sump however is awesome. Costly to say the least but very convenient and built very well. My current tank requires to many add ons to own one but for a more simple set-up they are perfect.

I agree though you can build one on your own for 1/4 the cost or maybe a little more say 1/3. Plus if you make your own you can make it custom to hold things you want to add later.

BOTTOM LINE
Get a better skimmer if you can afford it, if not this is not the worst but for the same price you can probably get something better.

Aqueon Sumps are fabulous but costly. Saving money by making a sump or Craiglisting it can get save you money and then you can get a better skimmer.

A quality skimmer is to me the most important thing to a reef tank. I didn't always think so but you will see it is and of course good husbandry is a given.

Last edited:
Check my tank build for my 220 and make your sump like that. It makes it much easier to control flow in the sump and to add other devices.

Back