coralife

Yeah it is.

I have also thought about making my lights work on a sensor that is placed outside to turn on with the sun. That way the photoperiod would change with the seasons. Then I realize that the tank probably wouldnt get enough light in the winter since there are days when it seems we get only about 6 hours of light and most of these corals are closer to the equater that get pretty constant lighting.

Brian

I had two different coralife digital timers go bad on me in a matter of one week. I returned them and the employee mentioned there were several returns on this product. Mine seemed to loose two hours in a 24 hr period. Plus, I didn't like the fact I could not overlap my times on my light patterns

That's the biggest problem I had with my old digital timer -- losing time. I didn't lose as much as 2 hours a day, but I did have to reset the timer every week. It would lose several hours over a 1 week period.

LOL where the hell was this post BEFORE I bought that piece of crap?? Not even using the thing- Started to put it on Ebay, but I couldn't even do that to someone else!!

Good timers are expensive. We have many more options in Alaska because so many are sold up here due to the long hard winters. Nobody wants to run outside at 30 or 40 degrees below zero, so you just use a timer and run the car heaters and battery warmers a couple of hours before you go to work by using heavy duty timers. It is probably one of the few things we can probably buy cheaper than warm climate people. Of courseif you have money you get auto start units and remote start units so that even the interior of your car is warm once you go outside.

Back