Coraline algae growth?

You can use a toothbrush and brush rock that already has it, this should release spores into the water

Trust me on this though - once it takes off its a major pain in the ass, I wish mine weren't so prolific

+1 north
Once it takes hold you will be saying, I wish it would slow down some.. :grumble:
you will soon be scraping it everytime you do waterchanges...

+2 North and marcah

Coraline is everywhere in my 36g and with every water change I have to take a razor blade to get it off the front glass if I want to be able to see into the tank.

+3 North,marcah & mike. Enjoy the fact that you don't have to scrap that s%@t off your tank every 3 days...it is very persistant!!

lol well i love it. I had lots of it in my old 90gal and i simply loved the colors...so im dying for my new tank to grow some!!

I really like it for a background on the tank.. I never touch the back. But I just wish it would slow down on the front and sides of the tank.. :D

I really like it for a background on the tank.. I never touch the back. But I just wish it would slow down on the front and sides of the tank.. :D

+1 - I wish there were a way to keep it on the rocks and off the front and side panels of the glass. I've scrachted my tank several times trying to get rid of the dreaded purple plague

yeah me too.. especially down near the bottom on the hard to reach areas.. oops, slip goes the blade and yet another little scratch..:frustrat:

Back