coralline bleaching with new lights

salt01

Reefing newb
noticed today that most of my Coraline is bleaching in my tank after installing new bulbs. I put new ati bulbs in and have them at 5 hrs of light and going to add 1hr every week till i get to 8 to 10 hr period. is this ok? all corals are doing good no probs there just coralline turning white? 3blues 2whites 1purple bulbs should i change them to 2blue 2purple 2white or 3white 2blue 1purple? I was so happy with the algae progression till now. the old bulbs where true lumen and only bout 8mo old but i could see the difference in light spectrum of the bulbs some brighter than others so i changed them.I know people recommend kz purples but i went with all ati's before getting opinions. next time will ask then buy lol

It's ok and expected .Your old bulbs were pretty much done,any longer and you probablly would have started seeing brown or red algae creeping in.

Sounds like your plan is fine. If you are happy with your new colors, then there's no reason to change them. The coralline is bleaching because you got better/different lights. It will come back.

Back