Corals and Inverts at death's door EMERGENCY

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
Actually my emergency may be solved.

Come after 11 hour nightmare day (owner of company came by to ask why everything went to hell while the network is in the hands of a psycho russian --don't ask) at work to find clam and all corals shriveled and closed up. Fish look okay. Test all chems and absolute nada --everything is fine as is temp and salinity. So I race to store and buy 10G of distilled water, come home, lug it in, mix it up, dose it start heating it, and then check my tank.

F^*^%$#ING electrical cord from LEDs is in the water !!!

QUESTION: Is the corals being closed up but the fish looking okay consistent with voltage in tank? Has anyone seen voltage start killing corals but the fish still look fine? Wouldn't the fish be affected first before the corals? And to be accurate I did not really look at the fish carefully but they are swimming around their normal patterns and eating. Don't suppose my corals will make it? Still do the 50% water change?

Good call. has this happen like 2 years ago with a broken heater. I did a series of water changes and the inverts got back to normal.

Thanks all. Although I did NOT see any copper in the plug, I just completed a 50% change out in case. Is it miller time?

Nothing is dead but my green torch and some other stuff is looking a bit bleachy. I guess I should consider myself lucky --it could have been worse.

Back