Coralvue ATO unit reviews?

Gdbyrd

life's a beach
Store Electronics Float Switches

Long story short, this weekend I took a 3 day trip and having my aunt come out to my house every day to top off my tank sucked.

So I'm looking for an auto top off. I've been recommended one made by Reef Fanatic already, but a lot of places that I've called have been out of them.

I found this on the site I'm going to order my skimmer from so I wanted to know what you all think of it. Not much to it really, just a little valve with an adapter for the tank and a plug for my pump.

Is this a good or bad idea? Was planning on putting it on a timer for twice daily for like 2 minutes at a time with a small maxijet on the other end. Honestly not even sure if they make timers that come on for that short a time but I figure that'd my best bet for a safety measure. Also, how do you mount the tubing in your tank? I don't have a sump so it'll have to go into the tank or skimmer and I'm worried it'll pop out of there.

No need for putting it on a timer. How it works is when the water level drops below the sensor, the unit turns on the pump. When the water level rises and hits the sensor, it shuts down the pump.
I have basically the same type of ATO I got from www.autotopoff.com, but I have dual float switches. Check this 1 out. It's made to hang on the back of your tank and has dual switches.
AutoTopoff.com

Hey Larry, thanks for the suggestion. I had actually seen those but didn't know if they were worth looking into, they look a little on the cheap side. But hell, if they work then thatll do perfect! Same price but double floats so it should be safer. Read over a few horror stories involving too offs so I want to get something as safe as I can find.

Back