Corey's 130 gal System Upgrade

a bubble bee snail that hitchhiked a ride in on some live rock i put in the other day just showed back up. i figured he would have been toast. I guess my water parameters were stable enough to keep him alive during the cycling process. good news for the CLC i just put in

it is just a ocellaris clown. i moved her over from the 30 gal. she is going to be my initial tester i guess before i move my wrasse and blenny over.

she gave me a bit of a scare when i put her in but she has been acting like her normal self ever since. Im going to give her a day or two before i put the other 2 fish in. i figured i would add them all in over the next week or two. they are all small (under 2 inch)

still patching up some leaks on the overflow box. i just order 2 koralia 3 pumps to keep good circulation. i figured that would give me about 2300 gph of flow in the tank. depending on what my return pump is pushing.

i put my midas blenny in the tank yesterday. both fish are still looking fine. my daylight bulbs and power heads are coming in today

so getting the overflow box to work the way i wanted has pretty much frustrated me into buying one. what a shame. my fiance had to tell me to just buy one. im not much one for giving up but i have been leak proofing for over a month. But the next one is not going to have the same problems

bulbs and power heads are installed and running. all kinds of stuff came up off the rocks when i turned those things on. cleared up over night though. is 2300 too much flow for a 75 gal?

all the fish are in the tank, happy, and eating. the coral is even opening up. no problems as of right now. my overflow box is coming in monday. still hated to pay for that thing.

The flow sounds fine, I have 1 k3, 1 nano, and 1 650gph maxi in my 40 and I feel like adding another k3 would be a good idea.

My wife had to eventually just tell me to give up my DIY overflow idea and buy one next month when I get paid. I don't like to give up either lol.

IMG_1654.jpg

Looks great! Ya know I wanted to try a DIY overflow and even built a PVC one. I decided to trust the dryness of my floors to a box I knew was built by professionals. I'm also very avid in the DIY but some things I don't bet on.

i got mine water proof. but it wasnt air tight enough for the pump i was using to keep a good siphon. i know how im going to do my next one if i decide to. i think my next tank project is going to be a custom acrylic so im going to cut drain lines in the bottom of the tank.

had my first losses this morning. my sixline and my midas blenny. just too much stress i think. i still have the one clown. If it dosn't make it then it looks like im starting from scratch. This next time im going to do it right and make sure everything is stable and working properly before i add anything else though. Not a good morning. But i think im going to go with more corals and maybe a pipefish. they are pretty cool and with nothing in there to really bother it it could get plenty to eat

Nitrates = 0
Nitrites = 0
Ammonia = 0
pH = ~ 8.1
Temp = 79 - 80
S.G. = 1.0245

Clown fish is still alive but not really eating. the tank parameters seem to be just fine. im still guessing that the other two fish just died from shock. the skimmer is beginning to preduce some nice skimmate now

Back