Correct me if im wrong

wish you guys were closer, i like trading i just gave a buddy a rose bubble tip anenome for some nice colored hairy mushrooms and 2 huge green bubble tip anenomes, my rose splits alot we got a few in our club that give rbta away for free or maybe 20 bucks. I still have 3 rbta but 2 are real small and have to grow a bit more.

Tanks looks good DF.

Dustin, what does your tort like conditions-wise? Mines colored up nicely under 20000ks but no polyp extension. I have it under pretty strong flow. Sorry to thread jack :sfish:
Well I'm not Dustin :bounce:, but here's my tort right after I got it. I'll try for a better pic later. You can see some polyp extension, but you won't see as much on a tort during the day as you would if you look at it at night. Most acropora have alot more polyp extension at night, except millepora. They have crazy polyp extension all the time.
I don't think your hijacking. This thread is about coral in general...I think.

millie-tort3_9-08.jpg

i was looking real close today and the back half had crazy polyp extension but the front half looks like capts pic. ill get my brothers camera and see if i can get a shot of it. also with sps alot of chaotic flow is good for them but not direct flow

i have some pictures and a video im uploading to photobuket that ill get up in a minute, plus more that have nothing to do with this thread that will be in my build thread

My tort looks kinda like that, not quite as deep blue. Hints of green in the base. Unfortunately I just had to frag it to 3 pieces, I found some bleaching and didn't want to lose the whole thing. Been a bad week for my SPS, first my purple plasma, now the tort...

A planted saltwater tank... I'm actually kinda surprised. Macroalgae doesn't grow on reefs in nature, so that setup is not something you would find in the wild. Don't get me wrong, that tank looks great, but to me it's kinda like having the plastic sunken treasure chest and scuba diver decorations in a saltwater tank -- not a reflection of what a reef really looks like. Not that it's wrong, I'm just surprised that that magazine (which has a reputation for being pretty snobby about their TOTM picks) would choose that tank in particular.

Back