Cortez Ray

cumminz

Reefing newb
I made my suspended reef in my 50 today so that i could get a very small ray and then move him to a bigger tank in a month or so when I end up moving. can I get some more info on these awesome animals from some of the reef gods

I personally wouldnt put even a small ray in a 50.That couple of months before the move would stress it to the extreme.

Well, then I will just have to wait then. that sucks. I guess I will have to go with a piar of Australlian clowns

Rays are tough to keep for a few reasons. Rays need a lot of room to move. Even the smallest rays won't be able to have the room they need to swim in a 50. The stress would be too much. Small bluespot rays, which stay pretty small, need unobstructed swimming space. A minimum of 300 gallons, 7 feet of space to swim with no live rock in the way. The second problem is feeding. Many rays just don't eat in captivity. I have thought of getting one several times, but they just aren't feasible for me. Good luck.

-Doc

You can keep FW rays in a 75 or 90 and if you only went with sand on the bottom(which is recommended) you and your guests would be hard pressed to know the difference. Dont knock FW some of the nicest tanks I have ever seen are freshies. Both types have their ups and downs.

HAHA No, But it said and toher states. whcich include texas and colorads. NOT UTAH!!! Yay, but i think i would rather buy a 100 gallon and make it sw

Back