Cottonwood 125 Reef tank build

Looks good cotton......
After seeing a couple of other full tank shots and now yours,i'm starting to feel like i hace too much rock....i like your look a lot

Thanks man! I'm always looking at my rock and trying to decide if I like it or not...I've added a couple more pieces as I still have about 50lbs just sitting in a tank by itself I'm trying to sell off. My clown keeps stirring up the sand, so I've added some pieces in those spots to try to deter her. :grumble:

Also, my anemone just moved back into my rock work where I can't see it or get to it without taking out 3 other rocks....I'm not going to be able to feed it there...Will it move out again once it starts getting hungry? I can't seem to keep it out front, it keeps trying to hide (only had it 3 days now) and I'm worried about it getting back in there and dying.

Pics to come tonight! (not of the cool anemone though :-()

New lights
IMG_0995.jpg

New lights
IMG_0996.jpg

Actinics
IMG_1009.jpg

Duncan Growing
IMG_1006.jpg

Clowns
IMG_0993.jpg

Fungia
IMG_0997.jpg

Acan
IMG_0999.jpg

Corals
IMG_1000.jpg

More
IMG_1001.jpg

CandyCane
IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

Got some new stuff. I think I'm done spending on my tank for a while now!

The colors are all washed out some, but you get the general idea I guess!

IMG_1123.jpg

Pagoda Cup? am I right?
IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

Not sure what this is...?I like it though, its green under my actinics
IMG_1127.jpg

This is only a small part of this nem, its huge!
IMG_1129.jpg

My Fish
IMG_1134.jpg

New Urchin, he likes it on the glass.
IMG_1137.jpg

At home in their new tank
IMG_1138.jpg

New Goby, sleeper banded I believe
IMG_1141.jpg

Last edited:
Really? I didn't know that. I got it from a guy along with the goby, another clown fish, a bunch of rock and those new corals and anemone. It had been in his tank for year, with his stuff so I put it in mine. I was never going to get one, but I took everything out of his tank because he is moving and breaking it down so I kept him. I sold the Live Rock and clown though. Guess I'll get rid of this guy next time I go down to phx. What do they do? I thought he would just eat the junk off my rocks and glass.

for some reason I can't get to the article on reefkeeping.com but, they can actually "Eat" away at your LR and LiveAquaria says they are a danger to corals.

Back