Cottonwood 125 Reef tank build

You are correct, the tank is not drilled. I have a HOB skimmer right now. I am going to have a sump set up soon though and have all that stuff in my stand. I want to limit what I have out in the open.

Go with the 6ft. version of the Nova Pros Biff suggested.

...and for christ sakes,don't listen to your wife..DON"T SELL THE XBOX!LOL

Go with the 6ft. version of the Nova Pros Biff suggested.

...and for christ sakes,don't listen to your wife..DON"T SELL THE XBOX!LOL

Haha! I dont play much anymore, plus they just came out with the new one....so I was thinking I'll trade the xbox plus $200 and get this set up Saltwater Aquarium Put all that in my tank, then sell that tank and stand. I think his light is 48" so I might just hang that over my tank until I save up for a bigger one. I dont play too much anymore, but when I get the itch again I might have to get one of the new ones! Thats my plan anyway! haha

Wha.....?Halo Reach comes out next month.
I know....Modern Warfare Black Ops comes out soon too. My good friend just got a new one so I'll still play at his house. I'll probably ask for the new one for Christmas! If you want to add me on Live Im BarnabusSackett

Well I came home and fired up the 360 and got the E74 error, none of the troubleshooting works at all so I guess I have a dead xbox...no more trade for all his goodies...AND no more games....Sucks!

I don't think it is. I bought it a year ago used. I was looking at Microsoft troublshooting and if none of that worked they would fix it for you up until some date in 2009...as they said newer models don't have that problem.

Get a Playstation man...
I have the first gen 40 GB PS3 and I seriously leave it on for like 30+ hours sometimes without realizing it. I've never had a problem with it overheating and it's a first gen.
Besides.... only T3H N00bz have xboxs these days, duh.
lol

I would go with ps3...but my friends all have 360's...so in order to play online with them..I'd need another 360.

On to the tank though. I just got done resealing it....what a PITA...I"m not very good at it, but learned some lessons if I ever do it again. 1. wait until its dry to clean it up. I tried to fix a mistake and just smeared stuff all over and created even more clean up. 2. Dont breath deeply while leaning over the tank and sealing (burns the crap out of my nose...thought I was going to pass out almost)
I redid one corner, but overall I dont think it looks too bad. It just better hold water! haha!

Its not pretty...but not too aweful. And it holds water so I'll call it a success! I'll get some tomorrow. I'm going to drain the tap water I filled it with, and get some pics then I'll put the good water and salt in! woohoo! getting close!

Well I got a bunch of live rock and started filling my tank with the RODI water. Sorry I forgot to get a picture of the sealing job before I started the water. Any way, I'm about halfway full...I'm wondering how full should I make it, and then how do I decide how much salt to put in since I wont know exactly how many gallons are in it? Just guess?
The LR is in a tub outside in SW with a pump for flow. I dont want to overfill my tank, I have 120lbs of sand on the way and then about 70 lbs of Rock to add also. How did you guys go about this part?

When I did my tank, I went about halfway full of water before I started adding my liverock and sand. When adding the salt just make sure you have a powerhead and heater in the tank and add the salt a little at a time to let it all dissolve and occasionally teat the salinity till it's good.

Back