could my BTA be nocturnal?

jcegt87

Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!
ok when lights go out my BTA doubles in size and is HUGE but as soon as the lights go on about an hour in the BTA starts shrinking more and more

basically

lights out -- HUGE
lights on -- punnie

hnestly I did think that at first I was like oh crap LOL

It does look like its dying but at night it looks so awesomely cool you wouldn't think its the same nem

Sometimes anemones will shrink from the lights when they are bleached or about to bleach.But with 432 watts of T-5s,you've got plenty of light for it.
Try spot feeding it every other day for a while and see if that helps.Thats what I did with my BTA when I first got it.Now its huge and is out all the time.
It takes up half my tank when its completely inflated.

Sometimes anemones will shrink from the lights when they are bleached or about to bleach.But with 432 watts of T-5s,you've got plenty of light for it.
Try spot feeding it every other day for a while and see if that helps.Thats what I did with my BTA when I first got it.Now its huge and is out all the time.
It takes up half my tank when its completely inflated.

i been spot feeding it for every 3 days( am i underdoing it)

Depends on what and how much your feeding it.Mine gets frozen clam or raw table shrimp.
If your using mysis,then try giving it a little bit more just to see how the anemone reacts.If it dont grab the food,then wait a couple of days and try again.
Anemones can be picky as crap.

just a heads up and this time i added pics

my nem is still acting the same :(

this pic is at 7am as soon as the lights come on
IMG_0056.JPG

and this one is merely 3 hrs later
IMG_0057.JPG

i know it looks like its dying
i try and spot feed it but for the most part it just lets it drift away

everything else including my other nem are thriving (well the other nem IS easier to maintain ) but still i feel like just removing it from my tank

This is going on the pic.But it looks like its bleached to me.
Has it been eatting when you try to spot feed it?If it is eatting.Then feed it every day.You can get them to color back up,but you have to make sure its getting nutrients untill it does regain its color.

What are you trying to feed it JCE?
Mine never would accept mysis.But it'll latch onto clams,scallops,silversides,and really loved raw table shrimp.
Try offering it something different and see what happens.

i have tried mysis, brine, blood worms even went to the store bought raw shrim chopped it up into nice little peices but no luck i tried silversides first but he just left them

the reason i got the shrimp mainly was fo my puffer

Back