Couldn't stay away

texreefer

Battle Dwarf
After a few tank disasters, I said I was "DONE" with the hobby. I have lurked around keeping up with a few threads, but not really participating. Well after seeing many of the awsome tanks around, I found myself wanting another tank. I still have my old tank sitting out in the garage, but I think I'm gonna go small this time, and hopefully be able to keep up with my own thread. Thinking about ordering a kit form these guys :

Welcome to Micro-Reefs LLC... (Miniaturizing Coral Reefs) - Home

I have spoken with the owner (Mike) and they have a 3 gallon kit coming soon. That gives me a little time to plan out what I want to do as far as livestock. So ideas are very welcome. The thought so far is LPS/softies with a few inverts, I'm really wanting some rare inverts, but nothing that is super hard to care for. With that said I hope to have a new thread going soon.

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm re-welcoming !!

Sarah - pictures are a MUST for any thread or its "worthless" right ?

sen5241b - my first disaster came in Feb. we had much colder than normal temps for the DFW area (think back to super bowl time) the energy demand was higher than what the grid could handle. They were doing rolling blackouts for 20min at a time, but for some reason my neighborhood was out for over an hour and the temps were in the teens. I lost some things then, and about 5 months later I had a bottom pane break and ruin my hardwood floors (wife was thrilled) and it was down hill from there. So I felt it time to take a break.

Back