couple questions

HAWKS12thMAN

NWKRC THUG!
I know there was a thread about this earlier but mines a little different.
Salinity 1.024
PH 7.8 (I dosed it with Kent buffer after I saw that.)
DKH 8.4 (Again Buffer.)
Ammonia .25 (its my test kit)
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Calcium is off the charts. I haven't dosed it in over a month. I'm pretty sure my test kit was bad so I threw it away.

All of my corals and fish are doing awesome! Except one. My Colt/Kenya/Carnation (WHAT EVER YOU CHOOSE TO CALL THEM) coral is all shrunk up and as of this morning beginning to slouch over. What happened was I left my lights off for 36 hours to get my sand a little whiter. When I turned them back on the coral was shriveled up. I thought it was just about to drop baby's. That was 3 days ago. As of this morning its starting to slouching over. The base is a light brown also. NOTHING else has changed in my tank. As a matter of fact the last time it dropped baby's one stuck to a rock and its still doing great. I'm pretty sure its not getting picked on. Any Ideas?

Also can anyone ID what the corals or anemones are on the rock next to it?

020-1.jpg

it might be shedding, leathers (i think yours looks like a Sinularia) are known to do that from time to time. i would keep an eye on it for a few more days to a week. if it does not start doing any better, hit us up again.

BTW ...brown jelly disease is a LPS disease, so it is not that.

yup, the corals next to the leather are button polyps.

Agreed,with it somewhat close up,it doesn't look like a colt or kenya but a Sinularia(Rasta,Spaghetti leather).Mine died earlier this year of what appeared to be a fungal infection.Keep an eye on it and watch for parts melting away.If not,it looks like it may recover.

Button polyps(palythoas,protopalys) is what is next to it.

The kenyas in my tank shrivel up and parts break off.A new one grows and the pieces that break start another colony elsewhere.I usually toss the pieces in the trash.

Yeah hawks, My kenya's are doing the exact same thing.
My water tests perfect. I dont know

Its like the color went from a Pinkish brown to a Drab purple brown
and it shrivled like a "sack" in the cold pool. dunno.

Ya I thought it was going to drop babies again but now its slouching over not just being shrivled up. Unlike most peole I really like it too.

Back