CPR Bak Pak 2

txfan

Reefing newb
I recently purchased a new bak pak 2. I'm a little confused because the setup says to lower the collection cup until it is 1/8" below the water surface. However, when I do this the bubble level never makes it to the top of the cup. It sits at the very bottom no matter how I adjust the air inlet. Now when I push the collection cup all the way down the bubble level is higher, but still not at the top of the collection cup. I have looked at some videos online and other skimmers are constantly producing large, frothy bubbles at the top of the cup. Could it be that my problem is the skimmer is still in the "break in" stage? It has only been running for 24 hours. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

While I'm still very new at this, in my own experience it took my skimmer about a week to really start actually collecting anything. I would give it a week or so to 'break in'! =)

It can take a month for them to break in or it can be two days. Water levels effect them, water quality can effect them. New salt water won't foam and if you are topping off with fresh water in the same sump section it can also effect it.

I would suggest just giving it some time. I ran mine for six weeks while the tank cycled. Once I figured out the correct water level it worked fine.

Back