CPR overflow box

akfirefighter

FrozenReefer
Does anyone use a CPR overflow box? I just got one in the mail and am trying to hook it up. How did you connect a hose to the bottom of the box to the fuge? I am having a hard time finding a connector that will work. Any help and pictures of box would be greatly appreciated.

are you talking about the Bulkhead?
the area that connects a line from the overflow bottom to the sump.
heres a pic
thumbnail.jpg

I believe the CPR uses a 1 in. bulkhead. if yours didnt come with one you can look at lowes for them. if that is not what you mean i will contenue my search to see if i can help.

Last edited:
My CPR overflow box connected to PVC perfectly. If you are using vinyl tubing, you will need to buy an adaptor for the bulkhead first.

Ya, nevermind this thread I didnt fully read the directions. I went and got a piece of 1 inch PVC it fit in there perfect. I will let you all know later today how it turns out.

So I got the overflow box installed. Works really well, it is just noisy. the water only stands about 2.5 inches deep in the box so all the run off spashes alot. is there a fix to it?

I don't know... If the noise bothers you, a stronger pump will fill the box up more. But then you also risk having TOO strong of a pump and overflowing the tank. You will have to redirect some of the flow or throttle back if you get a higher rated pump.

Is the front side of those adjustable?
If they are,you can lower the front box a little to take on more water,which will cause the siphon to pick up more,thus dump more in the back box.
I think.

It's basically a piece of PVC with holes drilled in it. The number of holes you have drilled in it determines how fast the water flows down through the overflow box.

Back