crab,anemone,clownfish

Yeah, but he could get a picture of any old kid. Even his own kid, if he is in fact 43 like he initially told everyone he was. You can't just believe a picture either.

Biff,
Why dont you get his IP address.Then you can get in touch with his provider.Then just give him or his parents a call.
That might prove better what his age is.

In that case,How about this.
Either he straightens up and PROVES his age,or ban his little butt.
I hate to see him get banned if he's really a kid.But by the same token,If he's really that young,then he shouldnt be on the computer that much any way.

right joeman but you have to understand you cant just ban someone for annoying you.... there has to be something slightly more than that... not much but slightly.... like calling someones kid the grinch again or along those lines

well ok - but you don't need any more of a reason right - he says he is 11,12 or 13, all of which are below the age limit on this site = he has lied = you have the right to ban him if he annoys you... or not...

LivingReefs is an all ages forum... you just wouldnt expect someone that young to be online unsupervised... unless somewhere recently there was an age limit added on that i didnt know about. And if so i know it would have been enough reason thus far to give him the
418axe.jpg

Ah - ok - I seem to remember reading an entry by BIFF way back when Hibye first started pissing people off that there was some age limit and that he had lied to sign up... maybe I'm just getting confused... anyway I don't think I'll post any more today - I'm having a shitty day which is not allowing me a balanced view. I logged in to LivingReefs for a break, but not sure that was a good idea :frustrat:

ok - one last piece: sure he's not supervised and understand the concerns I guess, but I doubt we can do anything to change that and isn't it better that he spends a lot of time here, learning about such a great hobby - if we push him away he may end up somewhere less desirable... whether he is 11, 12, 43 or 64 :-)

Hibye, some tips:
1) decide on an age and stick to it (but don't forget to +1 every time you have a birthday (you'll need to keep that date constant as well))
2) stop being annoying. This would include:
a) Don't ask how much everything is (sorry - maybe that just annoys me :-)
b) try to keep your posts on topic
c) resist the temptation to be funny - believe me, you are much funnier when you aren't trying to be :mrgreen:
d) Agree with everything Biff says :bowdown:

3) Keep up the good work with your tanks, but don't forget to respect the inhabitants as creatures - not toys - the advice you get will generally be in their intersts, not yours, so listen to it (and I think you do most of the time)

ok - I'm done - feel much better now - thanks LivingReefs !!

Back