Crab removal

Gdbyrd

life's a beach
Well, can't sleep so I thought I'd go see how the night life is in my tank. Crazy, I haven't added a single piece of rock to the tank in months and low and behold, there's a 1 inch crab hanging on the bottom of one of the rocks, on the back side no less.

I looked around and he looks like a sepcies of xanthid. As I haven't had any troubles with anything yet, I'm assuming he's still being a good boy and munching on algae and stuff.

Want to catch him before he gets to causing problems though. He's in the back, where he's at now, there's no way I could get anywhere near him. What's your advice? I've never seen him before and I look at this place all the time because there's a baby star there.

What's your advice?

well, I have heard that if you tie a peice of food to a short length of fishing line, the crab will hold on and you can pull him up to the surface and net him. He wont drop the food until he is out of the water.

I have the same deal as you also. I have a golf ball sized crab somewhere in my tank. I have seen him once!!!! I havent added any new rock in over a year.

Back