Craigslist

mbrew

Reefing newb
Does anybody else scour Craigslist looking for deals? Some of these people are ridiculous

I've had my tank posted up on Craigslist on and off for a couple months now. Some of the offers I get are ludicrous.

Some are reasonable but shit, come on dude I'm not paying $ 1,000 for a bio-cube, get real, no one else would either (I hope). I bought my set up from Craigslist on a steal of a deal, helps fight the high priced only Lfs in central Illinois, hate the fact they mark shit up due to them having no competition and make a killing!

I hate when stores do that....it shud be illegal. Craigslist is a gud source for aquariums,live rock & equipment

I dont post on craigslist anymore. I dont like buying from craigslist either. Some of the people are insane.

Large yellow Tang, Large Blue Hippo Tang, 3 Large Cathy's Clowns, Six Line Wrasse, crab/snail, a couple clusters of zoes, a few small green and red anemones, dude wants $200 for all that....hmm what to do..?

I buy and sell things all the time on craigslist. My only two rules are to always take a friend with me when buying things. And to never allow someone to pick up an item from my house. I will always meet them down the road a little ways at a parking lot or something. Other wise i think they are great places to find deals. Theres plenty of people giving up on this hobby.

i might be a little too trusting but i have sold a few items from my house and conversely bought some items from other peoples houses.When you are buying something used, buyer beware; i guess that holds true for alot of new items as well

ive been lucky and had good experiences, gotten some great deals, and made some money too. nothing but good things to say about craigslist really.

2 weeks ago i bought a compleet 110 gallon saltwater with 300 lbs live rock a current mh lght a 20 long sump, skimmer and 3 clowns a cherry stand and canopy for 250$, sold it a week later for 700

2 weeks ago i bought a compleet 110 gallon saltwater with 300 lbs live rock a current mh lght a 20 long sump, skimmer and 3 clowns a cherry stand and canopy for 250$, sold it a week later for 700

Wow I spent $400 on a lousy 75 gallon tank with a lousy stand.

I am getting my 55 gallon tank from this guy on craigs list. Seemed really cool. Not upset that I have to get a truck since it won't fit in my car.

be cool Sarah , i'm going to try and fix the pump. If i can't fix it then i'll take a bigger hammer to it. Wait - did i just say that ?

I got my tank earlier today from a guy on craigs list. He was very nice and we had no issues. Easy stuff. Meet him at his work.

Sir Alex, I see your :shock: and I raise you one :shock:
And, hot tuna or whatever, honey, I am waaaaay cooler than you could ever imagine.

Back