Crazy electric?

jkeating2005

I am Addicted for sure!
i am kind of confused.

i have a $610 electric bill. i told the electric company they are Out of thier minds.

while my tank was cycling, my bill was only 200. i only a 500 GPH pump running. the pump is 45 watts

since then i have T5 4x64w. on 8 hours a day

two koralina 3's (approx 10 watts each..what the box says)

200w heater.

my question is would all of this bring up my electric 400 bucks a month?

yeah i dont think it is the tank right?

it doesnt seem right.

the electric company told me i was probably having a malfunction in my home!
they are coming monday to check things out!

errrrr....it pisses me off.

$600 buck for a single guy is kinda a ridiculous amount

NO way in hell did your tank cause that. And seeing as you live in flordia i doubt you r heating your house. Something else has got to be going on.

yeah my a/c runs very little a day (its still Hot here. lol) i tunr off all my lights and fans. idk

ill see what they say.

thanks everyone

I have four kids, a couple TVs, two PCs, an electric stove and oven (until they fail and get replaced with gas) and a 46 gal tank and don't have *near* that high of a bill ... in NY yet. I think we run between $200 and $300 a month.

i average about 189 with three computers that are always on the two fishtanks and tvs lights there is something wrong with your bill

You got any BIG outside dogs?Sounds like either you've got a bad meter,or the meter reader didnt look at it.

i have a 75 gallon and 125 gallon both with t5's, 2 computer mine is alienware with 1000 watt power supply, all other things like dishwasher big screen tv and all appliances are energy star rated for low power and my power bill average 200 bucks and i have old house thats not insulated real well.

Take a look at your kwh meter outside at any given time of the day. Come back to it the same time the next day. This will give you a "rough" estimate of what you use on average per day. Multiply that by 30, if your bill has a lot more billed kwh's than what you figured let the utility know that something is wrong.

Found out the problem. the electric company came out today.

my heater coils were coming on whenever my A/C was comeing on. it was supposed to be around 4300 watts and it was pulling almost 11,0000.

thanks for everyone's input

Back