Crazy Video...WOW

SalteeDogg

Reefing newb
Just came across this video and man I am impressed. I never knew corals could stay out of water like that. My next vacation will be to figi. Thats like coming across an unopened treasure chest. I still don't get how them corals dont die. Heres the link YouTube - Corals at low tide Fiji

That was indeed an awesome video. If I am ever stupid enough to get married Figi is where I would like to honeymoon, almost makes that proposition worth it. Haha

Wow, anyone knows the laws on bringing stuff back from figi? It would probably be cheaper for me to fly there free and fill up a carry on with coral and come home than buying it from a store in the US...

But immoral IMO imgoing to try and buy only tank grown specimens so that the stuff thats in the ocean can stay there. Just my two cents

Cool video.
Cory,you'd have to be pretty good at smuggling.Its not the airline rules where you'd have a problem.It would be customs.

A buddy of mine does it everytime he goes out to the reefs. He somehow ships it back to his buddy house and the corals make it back home before he does. He said as long as your not smuggling drugs then its usually fine. Im also sure it depends on where you go. He has never tried figi, everyplace could be different. He said he has never had a wild coral die either that they seem more healthy then at the LFS.

Incredible. It would be like swimming in gold for me...unlimited corals ohh gees...

I'm sure something like this is protected, if not, it should be.

Back