Creature ID

AmberSunrise

Reef enthusiast
My yellow clown goby has disappeared from my tank, no body was ever found or anything. :(

I try to look really good every day for a sign of the body so I can remove it and this morning I found this weird thing.
5511824135_e577d32bcf_b.jpg

It was half an inch-ish

At first I though it was a hermit crab claw but it had a lot of "leg/finger" looking things and my hermits are all very tiny

Yeah I thought maybe it was a dead pod of some sort but its pretty large for a pod.

Amber, can you flip it over on to its lags and get a pic? It is a pure guess on my part right now, but the lack og any appendages on the rear half of the body leads me to believe it may be a dead hermit.

This is the only other pic that didnt turn out blurry it has a flash so its bright. I threw the "thing" in the toilet after the pics were taken cause i had to get to work

I will count my hermits tonight but I am pretty sure they are all there but I guess thats possible it just seemed almost too small to be a hermit I mean mine are small but this seems smaller

5512015945_aa62555d02.jpg

Yeah now that I look at it more it seems like a hermit AAAW man this sucks. In the last week I have lost my firefish, starfish, clown goby and a hermit!?

WTF

Definitely looks like a hermit as well. Good call Wade! When all my blue legs died from the Interceptor treatment I had tons of them all over the tank, but it was easy to tell because the legs were blue.

Back