Crocea clam

jarock

Reefing newb
Tonight i noticed a nassarius snail on my clam i tried pulling him off but the clam closed on him i tried to pull him out but could'nt i noticed a dark brown substance looked like an aptasia almost that i am thinking came from the clam,after a while the snail got away , the clam is closed up super tight my question is do snails attack clams also do clams give off toxins that could be harmful to people since my hands were in the tank and i do hav cuts on my hands. Also do clams recover easily from something like this.Sorry if these are dumb questions not familar with clams.

Snails will usually only eat clams if it is dead or dying. I'm not sure what the dark brown substance was, but if your clam is closing up, that's good -- it means he's still responsive. Clams are not toxic. Hopefully he will recover but I don't know for sure what is wrong with him, sorry.

tonight the clam was wide open and a big hole inside its fleshy inside was gone threw him out :( sucks only got him around a month ago not sure what caused him to decline so suddenly everything else in my tank is doing fine .

Back