~Crystal & James 29g w/15g sump~

Going to buy the last of our plumbing, hopefully. Also, getting some glass cut for our baffles. Then, coming back to do some more work. ;)

Calling the Craigslist seller back today and going to check out more stuff he's selling. He has a skimmer & lights for sale. Hopefully, we'll get some more good deals today!

Last edited:
Plumbing finished! Waiting on baffles to dry so that we can get some water flowing :)
plumbing292.jpg

plumbing92.jpg

That's a pretty intense DIY project. Great job!

I couldn't disagree more.. lol my boyfriend did it all :bowdown: I think he became a carpenter and a plumber while doing our tank lol!

Well, baffles are dry now.. water is going in for the first time to see if they leak. Then, today we will have water flow for the first time.. *fingers crossed* that everything goes well!

Update: We got a light yesterday.. great deal! It's the "Coralife 24'' Aqualight w/ 1-65w actinic/1-65w 10,000k w/fans :) We got it for $50 from our Craigslist guy!
Coralife-24-Inch-Aqualight-With-1-65W-Actinic-1-65W-10-000K-Lamp-Straight-Pin-Base-%28with-fans%29-99.jpg

Last edited:
Well..one leaky baffle, but that's nothing we can't fix :) About to put up a pic, made a video too..but I'll have to youtube that.

Nice job mate!
And BTW i spent ages staring at your avatar and laughing! :lol:

Thanks ;) Haha yeah I thought it was funny too

Update: Tank has been running for a couple hours now, plumbing is working great! Will upload video later. :trampolin

Ready for water
tankdone93.jpg

Plumbing was a success!
tankrunning93.jpg

Display tank
tankdisplayrunning93.jpg

Sump
sumprunning93.jpg

We've got the blues...
runningblue93.jpg

Overflow
overflowrunning93.jpg

Overflow
overflowrunning932.jpg

Just a few more things... a little more time... then rock, sand & fishies!

Back