cthegame's 80 gallon

cthegame

Reef enthusiast
I figured its time i get my thread started. Wanted to be sure I have some pics before i start the thread...

Here you go. This is my tank so far. It's about 8 months old and i think i have waited long enough and will start stocking it with corals, etc. very soon.

This is my yellow tang, his name is Troy. He loves attention and food. This is an older pic...you can see the algae on the glass)
DSCF0635.JPG

DSCF0757.JPG

Best Buddies

DSCF0809.JPG

The Tower
PIC_0001.JPG

Some coraline that started to grow on the side
PIC_0002.JPG

PIC_0003.JPG

The left side of the tank with plenty of open water
PIC_0004.JPG

My two clowns, one is named Flash and the other is named Pepsi
PIC_0006.JPG

PIC_0007.JPG

Fuge
PIC_0012.JPG

Another tank only with water which will fill with LR
PIC_0013.JPG

The only algae i have left YAY!!!
PIC_0014.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

I'm thinking of getting a carpet anemone (
Stichodactyas helianthus) - I have been reading alot on them and know about their aggressive behavior. I still want one. I have this perfect open area on the sand just right for the carpet.

My lights are a 4 watts per gallon.

Any objections? Im also going to dedicate feeding it on a consistent schedule.

Anyone here have one? If so, have you had any problems with them?

The coraline was growing pretty good when i didnt have any real bright lightining. Its still growing with the bright light but i'm starting to believe that maybe light is not the main factor for its growth. Partly, but it was growing like this when i had it under only 130 watts.

Anemones won't do well under that amount of light. They need about twice as much. I wonder why you want a carpet anemone though? They are fish killers! I saw a carpet anemone at my LFS eat its own clown host. They'll eat anything that swims near it. Also, they are anemones so they will move. No guarantee it will stay in the spot you have picked out for it.

the tank looks great. I would steer clear of anything that would eat your clowns. Since my clowns are my first purchases, if anything screws with them I would be super pissed off.

I want that specific type of carpet because i read its the hardiest. that one type is the exception to the rule i guess. But since i never had one for myself, i dont really know. Other than that, i just like how they look and their big size. I think my clowns would really appreciate it.

I agree about them being aggressive. But i know clowns and carpets go well together and chances of it actually eating the clowns is low. But probably other fish. I'm not so much worried about that as i am about the carpet actually being healthy & surviving. But if my lights are not sufficient, then i'll pass.

Thanks biff.

the tank looks great. I would steer clear of anything that would eat your clowns. Since my clowns are my first purchases, if anything screws with them I would be super pissed off.

Thanks...If i lose Troy, i will die. He is the only fish im attached to. My clowns are actually pissing me off because they wont let me put my hand in the water.

Last weekend i worked on redoing my two sumps. I increased my fuge size and changed the format altogether.

Freak, this is what i was talking about in the other thread.

Sump 1

3.JPG

Sump 2

2.JPG

Last edited:
not too long ago, the female clown established her own territory. She doesnt go to far at all. and she wont let the male go there either but for some reason, the male has the urge to attack my hand when i go near her. She attacks too. It gets really annoying when you're trying to clean the tank. They are fu*!ing relentless too.

Back