Ctimpson's 135 gallon Reef Tank... Build Thread...

It looks great!
I think the same kind of island on the right side would look great.A couple inch space between the two islands would be perfect.

great looking set up. I like the idea of doing the two islands, but...what about the idea of making a semi circle bending toward the front of the tank on either end and the back of the circle toward the back? Any way you do it, I am sure it will look great.

-Doc

So Check It Out...Dude my new live rock is the shiznats... I also picked up a sailfin and some kind of wrasse, forgot the name, but it sure is pretty... My yellow stripe maroon clowns and RBTA will be here saturday... I will eventually add the naso too, but maybe a month from now... Anyway, here is my new aquascaping also, tell me what you guys think... Enjoy the pics...
LiveRock013.jpg

LiveRock016.jpg

LiveRock014.jpg

LiveRock012.jpg

LiveRock014.jpg

LiveRock015.jpg

LiveRock017.jpg

LiveRock018.jpg

LiveRock019.jpg

LiveRock020.jpg

LiveRock021.jpg

LiveRock027.jpg

LiveRock024.jpg

LiveRock025.jpg

LiveRock026.jpg

I can't see it very clearly, but I bet you ANYTHING that wrasse is not reef safe. In fact, I will guarantee you that the wrasse is not reef safe. If you plan on keeping it, kiss your snails, crabs and shrimps goodbye.

Just wondering, why did you decide to get a BTA so soon? I'm just being honest here, but I highly doubt it will survive in your tank. They usually need a tank that's been established for a year or so in order to survive. You surely have been on this site long enough to read all the horror stories of dead and dying BTAs crashing tanks and killing all the other inhabitants.

The rocks are very nice, though.

My new LFS guy just happens to be a great friend also, I can bring anything back to him at any time, so if he stresses my tangs, he's gone...No worry...

Your new rocks look superb.Very nice aquascaping too.

Don't you want snails to keep the rocks cleaned?It looks like you are doing a reef tank.Don't be surprise if they become some hairy,furry covered rocks.There are a lot of other reef safe wrasses.The ultimate decision is up to you,just wanna give a heads up.

if you like wrasses in your reef tank, I have an Ornate Wrasse that looks similar to the Lunar Wrasse, but does not get quite as big and has not bothered my shrimp in my work tank at all. He seems to leave the snails alone as well. If you love the fish, it is a small price to pay. I am a fan of feeding them what they really want to eat (mysis or something) and they will leave the snails alone

-Doc

Ok, so today I returned the wrasse and exchanged him for my Blonde naso and a GSM... Also picked up my Koralia 4's... WOw they are rad... My naso has been hiding since I acclimated him, but when he comes out I will take some pics... I also had to reaquascape my tank since the wrasse was a fast little #*($* er... Tank looks good though... Also picked up 20 african hermits and will be getting my snails this week... Any thoughts on how many snails to get for my tank...Should I pick up some more hermits...

Tank is looking real good. I like Turbo snails they seem to do a great job I have 5 in my 55 plus 12 astreas. I hate hermit crabs they keep killing my nassarius snails.

The rock work looks great!I feel like you could use a few more rocks maybe.
The Naso looks great!
The Goni looks great...don't forget to feed my baby.

Back