Ctimpson's 135 gallon Reef Tank... Build Thread...

that is the ticket!!! great choice with the semi-circle reef. Looks awesome and SO full. what a reef tank is supposed to look like. Fill that puppy up with corals and you will be a shoe-in for the TOTM. Sorry about your loss of the Naso.

-Doc

looks great. your tank is coming along really fast. Sorry to hear about the Naso. must be a curse i didnt keep mine for longer than 3 days. died too

Awesome pics! I love the new aquascaping. As others have said, sucks about your naso. That coral on the sandbed looks like a fox coral -- they prefer to be up on the rocks. And that's a massive trumpet colony -- I really like it.

Just wanted to say thank you to biff for correctly ID ing my fox coral... My LFS guy told me it was a elephant ear... Also any suggestions as to what to fo to get him to open fully... I think it is due to too much flow, so I am going to point the powerheads away from him and see if that works...

Fox corals don't like a lot of flow, and they don't like a lot of light. So I would put it in a more sheltered area of the tank, about midway down. It may take a few days before it opens up. They don't need any special feeding either, they are pretty easy to keep and pretty cool to look at.

I have my fox coral toward the bottom, but he is in moderate flow. I will try putting him nearer to the sand bed and protected by a rock outcropping. Maybe it will open up then. what do you think, Biff?

-Doc

well then....I was thinking of a warm darker place...like your a$$, but your head already took over location there, so I had to settle for the bottom of my tank.

-Doc

no way!!! that was wonderful. Don't tell me you are too lame to admit when you get pwned???

-Doc

Alright, so back to my tank forum... I offically have a fovorite fish... I picked up a vlamingi tang to replace my blonde naso, but I also picked up a midas blenny and he is offically my favorite fish now... They are the coolest things ever... Anyone who has not seen this fish in person should attempt to find one... Awesome fish....

Will post them tomorrow... I am having a really hard time today... My fiance got arrested for an old warrant from awhile ago and she is so scared and I have had her family calling all day to yell at me about I am a bad guy who said I loved her and this is all my fault for not making her take care of this...When it rains it pours...

sounds like a tough day. there is nothing like getting ripped apart to really get your blood boiling. sounds like a bad day. hope tmorrow is better

-Doc

Sorry to hear about your rough day. Hopefully your tank will help to cheer you up and keep your mind off of other stuff. Can't wait to see the new pics. Vlamingi! Vlamingi! Vlamingi! I love that word...

Back