Ctimpson's 135 gallon Reef Tank... Build Thread...

Alright so here is some updated pics for everyone... I went to my LFS today and got hooked up... He Gave me 4 firefish, 2 blennies, and over 20 snails, that I have never seen before... Something like tiger snails and cat eye snail... Anyway they are huge, like the size of a walnut... The blennies and a black sailfin blenny and I think a randalls, but I am not sure about the randalls, it could be a diamond... Someone let me know... Anyway, he said he felt bad about my fiance and I gave him one of our baby bunnies, so that was cool of him... Anyway, here are the pics...

NewAdditions017.jpg

NewAdditions009.jpg

NewAdditions008.jpg

NewAdditions003.jpg

NewAdditions011.jpg

NewAdditions002.jpg

NewAdditions010.jpg

NewAdditions001.jpg

NewAdditions021.jpg

NewAdditions020.jpg

NewAdditions007.jpg

In the pic with the Midas blenny in his hole, in the background is the black sailfin blenny... He has blue spots on his face and neck, if you want to call it a neck...

Great pics and beautiful fish you have.My favorite is the nice size Sailfin.

Are you looking for an ID on the goby thats going up the corner of the tank.What color is it?

I still love them, even though it has only been one post. I don't have any room in my 90 anymore and I don't want to push my bioload or I would get a few.

-Doc

Cool pics.
Let me know how your midas and sailfin get along.
I been thinking about about adding sailfin,but dont how it and my bi-color would get along.

both get along great... I don't know if it is because I have a 6ft tank, but the midas and the sailfin have been sharing the same burrow... Kinda tripped me out because I was trying to find the sailfin last night and I noticed the burrow had two heads sticking out of it... I really thought they would set up camp on opposite sides of the tank...

Marco, how many fish do you have in your 90... I am thinking I shouldn't get anymore fish, but twelve of my fish are about an inch or under...

I have 8 fish total in my 90 for a total of 14 inches of fish. I am under a bit of the 5:1 rule, but I am still done adding fish. I think 4:1 is an OK rule of thumb if you have closer to 2 lbs of rock per gallon with good filtration. The older your tank, the more you cah push your bio-load. As Biff says, it is all about the parameters tho. Hold on to your tank as is for a few weeks if you think you are close and keep checking your parameters. If you check out with 0 nitrates and 0 nitrites, you are probably good to add another one. Another good rule of thumb is to look at your water when you pull it out. if it is clear, you are good, if it has a yellow tint to it (i use a white bucket) then you are maxed.

-Doc

Yeah, I think right now I am running at about 4:1, but I do have over 200lbs. of LR... I am pretty sure I am at my limit... My parameters are all ok though... I am going to trade my large GSM for a smaller one though, he is a bit rough when it comes to hosting things...

keep an eye on your parameters. If they stay consistent you may be able to add one more. The other thing that allows you to add more inches of fish is water changes. The more frequent and larger, the more nitrates and such you remove. A good rule of thumb is no more than 20% a week. Doing that can add another fish capability for your tank

-Doc

I honestly think I don't want anymore fish... I am happy with what I have... I actually might give 2 of my firefish away... If I do that I might pick up a blue spotted jaw fish my LFS guy has for 35.00... But I don't feel I have done enough research about him yet...

Back