Ctimpson's Tank Build....

Ctimpson

Reefing newb
Ok, well thanks to the advice of yote I am starting my own thread... I will start with the condition the tank was in, to the present and will continue to upload photos as my tank addiction grows... Well, here we go....
P1000098.jpg

P1000101.jpg

P1000109.jpg

P1000151.jpg

P1000162.jpg

P1000163.jpg

fugepics002.jpg

P1000165.jpg

P1000195.jpg

Corals001.jpg

corals015.jpg

corals015.jpg

005.jpg

Corals001-2.jpg

fugepics001.jpg

I need to redo the fuge... I think I need to put the skimmer before the live rock and I need to get a new light, although the one I currently have works fine... Please feel free to post suggestions and criticiscms...

Nice progression Ctimpson.I really like the torch(center) if thats what it is.

Don't forget to feed the Goniopora and the Fungia that is on the sand.

The pretty red/purple coral isn't a colt unless its been dyed.That wouldn't be a natural color of colts.If it has been dyed,they usually perish within time.From what I can tell it looks more like a carnation coral.Carnations are non photosynthetic and usually can't get enough nutrient in the home aquaria.If you want to try feeding marine snow and phytoplankton.

Well, I had to take everything out of the tank because the damn powder blue I got for free started showing signs of ICK... I knew I shouldn't have taken it... I got him out and I have him in QT... The tank didn't go back together the same way, but I kinda like the new way the rocks are placed... I will post pics tomorrow after the cloudiness clears...

Yeah powder blues get ich really easily. Not a good idea for new tanks. Hopefully he will get better, but it's usually not very optimistic for them...

Hate to hear your powder blue is sick.

Funny how when you have to remove the rock that they never go back in the same way.

So, I redid the tank after pulling all the rocks out and I think it looks better... Here are some pics of it now as well as some new additions...

lavendertang007.jpg

lavendertang005.jpg

lavendertang004.jpg

lavendertang002.jpg

lavendertang001.jpg

014.jpg

016.jpg

Looks nice, but be VERY careful with that tang in there. In my opinion, your tank is way too small for that tang (it really needs at least 100 gallons), and I would be really surprised if he DIDN'T get ich and infect everything in your tank... Sorry... It's just that they get stressed super easily if they don't have enough space, and your tank is just too small for that kind of fish.

Nice eel -- but watch it, they will eat inverts such as shrimp and crabs, and also small fish.

i agree. tangs need a lot of space to swim. Sometimes I think my 125 is too small for my Regal Blue Tang. I would look to move him, sorry. I always hated to hear that, but I for one did not listen and killed many fish that I did not need to. That is a lot of money just to flush down the toliet (literally)

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Looks great Ct.
How often is your snowflake out?I want an eel,but didnt figure I'd ever see it in a reef tank.

I have two eels... I have a Snowflake Eel...
Snowflake Eel - Echidna nebulosa

and a "Freshwater" Snowflake Eel...

colorful tropical fish pictures,Snowflake Eel ,Gymnothorax tile

They are born in freshwater then migrate to salt when adults... They only grow to about 24", but that takes years... If you were thinking of getting an eel, definately go with the first one... He is totally cool... Cruises the tank like all day long... Very inquisitive, not shy at all... I have had the Freshwater one for about a year and was previously in my african tank, however I acclimated him to the salt about a month ago... He is typical of the Gymnothorax family of moray's and hides among the rockwork until the lights go off, then he cruises the tank... Both eat very well, though I use a feeding stick... Both do not bother any of the livestock in the tank at all, however before being acclimated to the salt tank, the freshwater moray ate all 4 of my frontosa's within a weeks time. Thats when I decided to move him... Both are on a diet of krill, cocktail shrimp, squid, and scallops and other various marine life, they eat better than I do... My girl hates them, says they are evil and ugly looking, however I beg to differ... When I upgraded to my 240 gallon, I am seriously considering getting a green moray...

Green Eel - Gymnothorax funebris

Back