CUC are you alive??

Marines_Wife

Reef enthusiast
So I got my CUC today from reef cleaners. I did everything I was supposed to do and some of the snails responded very quickly. Others however have not moved at all since I put them in about 2 hours ago. Everything else in my tank is fine but these guys are not moving.
Is this typical for them or did I get stuck with a bad CUC? They werent really moving in the bags either and I REALLY need my CUC to work because well there is plenty for them to eat at this point.

Some of the ceriths may not move for several hours, or even a couple of days. Might just want to line the ones that aren't moving in the sand and watch them for a few days.

I got snails and plants from him on last tuesday. 2 of my snails never moved either and almost all of my plants have died already. I emailed John and he is sending replacements.

I was concerned about his method of acclimation as this is not how I have ever done it before. He sent me snails on a wet paper towel and the plants were in no water at all just a bag of air. I thought it was odd but did as he instructed and only a couple of them have survived.

When he sends my replacements I will be acclimating the way I have with other shipments and always have had success, drip.

Mine were packaged like that for about two days, and more than 90% of my snails survived. I think I counted three or four that didn't make it. (30g package).

No complaints here. :Cheers:

Mine were packaged like that for about two days, and more than 90% of my snails survived. I think I counted three or four that didn't make it. (30g package).

No complaints here. :Cheers:

I was just bummed that I spent over 50 bucks and only my 20 cent snails survived LOL Oh and my fuzzy chiton he is ok too.

I have ordered many rocks, plants and inverts online and never had any deaths after shipping.

So in my opinion this is not the optimal way to ship or acclimate creatures and plants.

Well thats what I am concerned about, some of my snails are moving around just fine, others though are STILL just....sitting there. havent moved an inch not even popped their heads out. I have never ordered fish from online before and Ill be honest I was surprised when they all came in bags with a wet paper towel.....

Actually, the reason for that new shipping method and acclimation method makes much more sense because of the chemical interactions that are going. Many places now recommend that you acclimate them that way.

I have the same thing going on most all of the ceriths died before they got here plus ups set them on the door step no knock no door bell just dropped of the box and ran dont know how long they sat in the sun

I was concerned about his method of acclimation as this is not how I have ever done it before. He sent me snails on a wet paper towel and the plants were in no water at all just a bag of air. I thought it was odd but did as he instructed and only a couple of them have survived.

When he sends my replacements I will be acclimating the way I have with other shipments and always have had success, drip.
Did yours come with instructions?

Back