CUC from reef cleaners?

poksal

Well? .. I AM trying
I am exchanging e-mails with John Maloney at reef cleaners and am thinking to flip the switch. I'm looking for feed back as to how well your shipment went, how many you lost, how well the mix worked out, how well they were packed.... you get the drift. I am thinking about the "custom mix" for my 95 and refugium....which has only 5 hermits a shrimp and one large hermit at this time.

He has suggested:
80 Dwarf Ceriths
24 Nassarius
25 Florida Ceriths
18 Assorted Hermits
11 Large Nerite and 9 Small to medium Nerites

0 Issues, 0 DOA's and John usually sends extras in case that happens, its easier for both parties involved

John is a class act, he spent a ton of time answering questions about a really bad algae outbreak i had with I first started in this hobby and knew nothing - well before I agreed to purchase anything from him.

Recently, I was suckered into ordering from someone else with a Black Friday deal, and it was not a happy experience, and it re-enforced the fact that John is the only place to go for CUC needs

John's the best. No worries. And like northstar said, he always sends extras to cover any losses that may occur in shipping. And in the rare instance you might experience a total loss, he make it right no problem.

+1 to all the above. I've been a repeat customer of his, and he is everything you could wish for in a vendor. Definitely earns a 5 star rating from me!

Well, that seals the deal.. thank you, ALL.

I expected that to be the case after some comments I had gleamed here an there.

I ordered... the recommendation but some how the large and small nerites didn't make it to the check out.. didn't know until too late. I added some PODs and one brittle star.

On another day I'll order something else and get the nerites.

I ordered... the recommendation but some how the large and small nerites didn't make it to the check out.. didn't know until too late. I added some PODs and one brittle star.

On another day I'll order something else and get the nerites.

Try calling them first thing in the morning. There may still be time to add it to your order.

Try calling them first thing in the morning. There may still be time to add it to your order.

I thought of that but can't find a phone number... I dropped him a message to call my cell to make it good. if he gets it in time.

Last edited:
Every few months I add a, "refresher" pack of both pods and some CUC. Over time your pods will outcompete eachother in the tank, causing one or more species to die out completely. By adding many kinds of pods you, "recharge" your pod population. Could just wait until your next if it's too late. GL!

John caught my email in time and added the missed items to the box..... said he would put a bill for them in the box and to take my time.

Last edited:
Back