CUC help

rdahlke1105

I'm a girl.
Okay, I am trying to figure out when the time comes what I will need to get for the CUC. I really don't like hermit crabs, so unless my son insists I would like to avoid them. This is what I am thinking so far, but how many I am unsure of.

Cleaner shrimp
Nerite snails
Mexican Turbo snails
Purple short spine pincushion urchin
Sand sifting starfish

Stay away from Nerite snails. They're dumb and will constantly climb out of your tank and fall to the floor. Nass snail are the ones that go under the sand and have the trunks like an elephant.

Okay, I got those reversed. :lol: So this is the new list. In a 28 gallon how many of each would I need?

Cleaner shrimp
Nass snails
Mexican Turbo snails
Purple short spine pincushion urchin (1)
Sand sifting starfish

You can have nerites since you have the lid on your tank, they are my main cleaner in my nano cube. The sand sifting star would probably starve though in a tank so small.

Which is why he is at the bottom of the list. I'm not so sure about it. Really only thing on that list that I really want is the urchin. :lol:

A lot of my snails cling to the glass and avoid all the algae in the rocks. I even put them on the rocks and they'll run away. Ugh, only a couple will tend to the rocks. Nassarius will help turn the sand bed also.

1 cleaner shrimp
8~10 Nassarius
6 turbos

I'm of course takin into account that some of the turbos may be glass clingers. You can more or less depending on the situation.

Yea I looked there already. They recommended hermits in their 28 package. I really don't want any hermits unless my son makes a big stink about it, then I may put 1 in.

If you go to that site again, they'll make a custom crew for you. There's a form on their site you fill out and it has everything they'll need to make one from you and you can tell them things you won't want in your tank too.

Thanks BL. I was planning on going with them when I'm ready. I think I remember seeing that form or the link for a "custom cleanup crew". But since I had to force my cycle to start yesterday I think its going to be awhile.

Back